Shopfitters undertake the finishing work on commercial premises.
Shopfitters perform the following tasks:
- create the finishing touches on the inside and outside of structures with your hands from timber and other materials
- erect floor and wall framework
- erect suspended ceilings and lay timber floors
- construct and erect prefabricated units
- cut materials with hand and power tools, and assemble or nail, cut and shape parts
- install shopfronts including: window frames, sashes doors, architectural joinery and staircases.
- Be able to work with your hands.
- Enjoy working in a team.
- Ability to read plans
- Good neat manual dexterity